Today is the day. THE VERY LAST DAY OF THE BLOGGING EXTRAVAGANZA. I missed nearly all of it because as soon as performance season was over Mother Nature decided it was the best time to get the flu and almost die and re-watch every Disney movie ever. THANKS MOTHER NATURE.
Here’s the prompt: It’s THE LAST DAY. I hope you’ve enjoyed the Blogging Extravaganza and that it’s helped to give you a gentle shove back into blogging, and that it’s given you some blogging inspiration. For the last post we’re getting just a wee bit serious. Even if you’re struggling with blogging, you’re still here and you’re still doing this; there’s a reason why you don’t want to quit blogging, and you know there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. So tell us: Why are you still here? What makes blogging worth it? Why is it so fun and fantastic and you don’t want to let it go? Why do you love it? (And the goods outweigh the few hardships, don’t they?)
- It’s literally another world. My “real” life and my book blogging life are kept pretty much separate, so when I blog it’s sort of like immersing myself in a separate universe. It’s so stress-relieving and and actually very exhilarating! So basically I travel through universes. And that’s why you should blog. #endofstory
- FRIENDS. YAY. You can have blogging buddies from around the world—Morocco, India (go India!), Australia (*winks at Josie*), France (*hugs Marie*), EVERYWHERE. You broaden your perspective and you learn so much about people—it helps you to understand the whole world better. And just by blogging! Isn’t it crazy and wonderful?!
- CREATIVITY ABOUNDS! You are so free to express yourself, to be yourself. And nobody judges! (Okay some people are probably judging but pfft it’s because they’re sad and lonely and nobody loves them anyway so just offer them some pity and move along)
- Books will never be the same. Sure, you can read books. But blogging about them—it’s a whole other level. You become submerged in a world that loves books, breathes books, is books. You find out the latest news the quickest, you get books before they’re even published, YOU BECOME THE BOOKS. THE BOOKS ARE YOU.
- Getting comments is the best thing in the world. Knowing that your work is appreciated, knowing that someone took time out of their day to talk about what you wrote, that is so indescribably magical and lovely and perfect. Even getting a simple Great post! completely brightens my day. Though, I must admit, I’ve been bummed when my posts have randomly gotten very little remarks upon them. BUT. It’s all worth it when that positive blogging friend bursts into your little blogging life!
- IT CAN BE YOUR FREAKING JOB. No, blogging isn’t my job. But hey, it could be. You can make a living out of talking about books—um yes please! For more information, Xan @ Twirling Pages has this lovely post.
- It leads to all kinds of bookish opportunities! If you stick with blogging and work so very hard at it, you become popular. And if you become popular, you get to do awesome things like moderate a panel at BEA. No, of course I don’t think this a reason to blog. But why is it bad to have this as a goal? No one thinks a musician is fake because they want to be famous. Moral of the story: Just love books and DREAM BIG. Then, all kinds of doors will open for you!
And that, chums, is why I blog.
Are you a non-blogger? If so, have I managed to convert you? If yes, YAY! here’s how to get started. Already a blogger? Why do you blog? How do you stay inspired?