Here’s how friendship works in the bookish world:
You read books.
I read books.
LET’S BE FRIENDS.
It’s a trick sort of logic but it works. Now, if you happened to be born without the literary gene, befriending a bookworm may turn out to be particularly tricky. Fret not, chums. I’ve got you covered.
- How does one read?
- Can you recommend any books for people into insert interest here?
- Oh my gosh! That book cover is so pretty! If you were to design a book cover what would it look like?
- I love that bracelet! What book inspired it? Did you make it?
- I break the spines of all the books I read. (This will get a conversation going, but certainly not a friendship)
- Do you like writing?
- Oh, what’s NaNoWriMo? Can I join?
- Do you want some bookish candy? (The answer is yes. Do not even ask this question. It’s redundant)
- So what couples do you ship the most?
- What do you want for your birthday? (GUESS WHAT IT IS BOOKS)
- Where do you get all your bookish merchandise?
- Can you recommend me a monthly bookish subscription box?
- What are your bookish role models?
- What book got you into reading? WAS YOUR LIFE EVER THE SAME? (Nope. The answer is nope.)
- Wow, so what are your favorite booktubers and book bloggers?
- Hey, should I check out Becca and Books? (Ahem. Yes.)
I hope that helped, my lovely little book-virgins. Ask me any of the questions above, let’s get the conversation flowing!