Welcomeeee Ladies and Gentlemen, to the original monthly feature: Book Nerd Bites! And let’s not forget the creators, the wonderful Cyra, the lovely Kristie, the magical Natasha, the bodacious Valerie, and me, Becca (!) as part of the Book Blogger Creativity Project hosted by Nori of ReadWriteLove28. Every month we’ll be sharing recipes to the most savory dishes inspired by our favorite books. Join in, chums! Just make sure you link back to our post and use #booknerdbites on social media 🙂
Me Before You = TRAGIC. PAINFUL. HEARTBREAKING.
Pecan Pie = The ultimate comfort food.
Basically, after the truly cruel read that Me Before You is, you need a food to cry with, a food to comfort you. You need Pecan Pie!
Don’t you fret, I’m here with the very best recipe 😉
- 1 sheet (1/2 of 15-oz pkg.) refrigerated 9″ pie crust dough
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn sugar
- 1/2 cup dark corn sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 oz. pecan halves, about 1 1/2 cups
- Sweetened whipped cream and cinnamon, optional
- Preheat that oven right up to 325 degrees
- Fit dough into 9″ pie own, fold edges under and flute
- Freeze until firm, at least 20 minutes
- In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs; stir in sugar, light and dark corn syrup, butter, vanilla, and salt until combined.
- Stir in pecans
- Pour mixture into pie crust, bake 50-60 minutes or until center is set (Loosley cover edges of pie with foil if they brown too quickly)
- Cool on rack 1 hour before serving
- Garnish with whipped cream and/or cinnamon if desired
And now, chums, you’ve got a D E L I C I O U S pie to eat your feelings with. It’s a friend. It’s a pal. It’s a shoulder to cry on.
Share your recipes! Tell me, what does Me Before You make you think of in terms of food? Have any secret family recipes? Will you be joining the feature?