Thank you, thank you, thank you to Away in Neverland for the nomination! Her blog is absolutely fabulous, so make sure you check it out!
The lovely little rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their sight
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Answer the 10 questions sent to you
- Make up 10 new questions for your nominees to answer
- Nominate 10 blogs
1. Did you have a book that meant a lot to you as a child?
Erm, obviously the Percy Jackson books. They are my babies and I love them.
2. Is there any author of book that you collect and will always welcome multiple editions of the same title?
Rick Riordan. Do you see a theme here?
3. Say that you find yourself judging a book by its cover (not that we ever do that!); what sort of covers do you go for? Are there any that are an absolute turn off?
Ooooo! Any covers with gorgeous dresses! Also covers with bright colors and tumblr-y illustrations.
4. If you could pick any imaginary animal to bring home to mom with an earnest, “Can we keep him??”, what animal would it be?
A unicorn. Not that they’re imaginary, of course.
5. Is there any book to movie adaptation that you simply refuse to watch? No way, no how, you’re not even giving them the opportunity to mess it up?
City of Bones, thank you very much.
6. What is the most unusual book you’ve ever read? (Plot, writing style, chapter layout, etc?)
The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner. And not unusual in a good way. It’s actually the worst book I’ve every read. It might just be me, but I enjoy having sentences and paragraphs and periods.
7. Is there any book or series that you’ve read that is so totally outside of your normal genre, but you loved it and would recommend it to others as a “take a risk!” type of book?
Angelfall by Susan Ee! I’m SO not a paranormal fan, but THIS SERIES IS SO GOOD I JUST CAN NOT ASDFGHJKLOQKAJSMDNCHDJ .
8. Do you have any bookish collections, or anything you covet and hope to someday collect? Candles, artwork, bookcases?
Um. not really.
9. What book has been on your TBR pile the longest, but you just can’t convince yourself to pick it up?
The Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula LeGuin. Just..too lazy.
10. You get a $500 gift card for all things bookish-do you run to your nearest bookstore and spend like a fiend? Or do you create pro/con lists (a la Rory Gilmore) to make sure you get just the right and perfect and wonderful bookish things? Or are you eyeing a particularly expensive bookcase somewhere?
As much as I aspire to be like Rory Gilmore, let’s be real here. I’m about to buy a whole ton of impulse buy books.
My super awesome nominations that you need to go follow right now:
A Bookworm’s Perfect Apple
Josie the Bookworm
Book Snacks Blog
Books and Feathers
Books Over People
And: Everyone with with the word “book” in their website name!