Let’s be honest here, some of the Greek gods in the Percy Jackson series are better than others.
12. Ares. There is literally no one who likes this guy. Well, except for Aphrodite, but no one really knows whether or not she’s mentally stable.
11. Hera. Okay, an enemy of Annabeth is an enemy of every person who has read Percy Jackson. Hera sends cows after people she doesn’t like. Cows. I guess she improved in the Heroes of Olympus, but still.
10. Aphrodite. So she’s the goddess of beauty, blah blah blah. But I’m still not exactly sure if she’s sane.
9. Zeus. I don’t know why, but there’s just something about this guy. It’s unexplainable.
8. Dionysus. Sure, he’s a jerk and all, but he’s really not bad on the inside. I’m sure he was a friendly drunk before Zeus made him go all sober.
7. Artemis. She’s so, so, so awesome if you’re a girl. But if you happen to be a male, things don’t look too good for you.
6. Athena. Some might think she deserves better than a six, and you might be right. But sometimes I feel like she’s a little to stiff.
5. Demeter. You don’t learn too much about Demeter in the series, but she is the goddess of harvest, which means food, and I can’t begin to tell you how much I love food.
4. Poseidon. This guy is pretty cool. Plus he’s the father of Percy and Tyson. No father of Tyson could be anything but awesome.
3. Hephaestus. He was thrown off a cliff, by his own mother. Or father, there’s not much clarity on that. Why? Because he was ugly! But he’s a freaking genius, and beauty just fades. Well, unless you’re a god or goddess…
2. Apollo. Without Apollo, there would be no music. What kind of sick twisted world would that be?
1. Hermes. Okay, too be honest, it’s not because Hermes is really super awesome, it’s because all the other twelve major gods/goddesses really aren’t all that great. They all have the good things and the bad things, but some have more bad things than others. Hermes is pretty awesome though. He’s hilarious despite the fact he delivers gazillions of dead people to the underworld every day.
But my absolute favorite goddess isn’t one of the major ones. It’s Hestia. She used to be a major god, and yet she gave it all for peace. Now there is a goddess to look up to.